10 Great Reasons to Visit Ennis
- Ennis is renowned for it’s varied mix of restaurants and cafés, from bustling town centre to riverside terrace eateries often serving locally sourced produce.
- Perfect base for exploring The Wild Atlantic Way & The West Coast of Clare.
- Ennis is the first town in Ireland accredited with the prestigious International Purple Flag Award proving Ennis’ claim to be the Friendliest Town in Ireland.
- Boutique Capital of Ireland, Ennis town has long been renowned as a centre of excellence for shopping.
- Ennis has received Tidy Town Awards since 1997, since 2005 almost every year Ennis has achieved Gold Medal Status in the Tidiest Large Urban Centre.
- Historical Town Ennis has four heritage trails, each a treasure hunt winding through some of the most atmospheric medieval streets in Ireland.
- Ideal central location for large groups & special occasions, with lots to see & do.
- Ennis is the perfect choice for conferences in the Shannon Region directly accessible by bus, rail & only minutes drive from Shannon International Airport.
- Steeped in Traditional Irish music with year round music festivals & sessions nightly.
- It has a rich heritage tradition with some of the finest monuments, buildings and waterways.
“As the capital of a renowned music county, Ennis is bursting at the seams with pubs featuring live sessions almost every night of the week. In fact “it’s one of the best reasons to stay here” Lonely Planet (10th Edition 2012)