Events in Ennis & Clare
We have put together a list of some great events you can go and see for 2015 in Ennis and Co Clare.
November 5th- 9th Ennis Trad 22
- Ennis Trad 22 guarantees an amazing line up of talented musicians, a session trail and master classes for the fiddle, flute, accordion, concertina and uilleann pipes. Ennis Trad 22 has something for everyone. Events take place in over 20 venues around Ennis, several concerts, recitals and ceilis, workshops and most of all sessions – expect more than 100 sessions over the five days.
November 27th – 22nd December (Fri/Sat/Sun) Santa’s Workshop at Ailwee Caves
- As well as your special personalised visit, Santa has arranged lots of exciting entertainment for you. Park the car and take the Santa train. Enjoy complimentary entry to the Birds of Prey Centre.
November 28th – 23rd December Santa at Bunratty Castle
- Experience a magical, festive atmosphere in a unique and traditional village street. Meet Mrs. Claus as she prepares for Santa’s trip. Christmas themed shops selling Christmas fare will ensure that visitors can get in a bit of last minute shopping!
March 4th – 6th March Ennis Book Club Festival 2016
- The Ennis Book Club Festival is a wonderful social and literary gathering bringing together book club members and readers from all over Ireland and beyond. The festival includes author readings, discussions, workshops and walking tours through the narrow streets and lanes of Ennis. We offer sessions on running book clubs, advice on reading lists, poetry, events as Gaeilge, and an opportunity to compare notes and meet with other readers.
- Over the years the festival has attracted wonderful authors and speakers including Edna O’Brien, Nuala O’Faolain, Roddy Doyle, Anne Enright, John Boyne, Lionel Shriver, Joseph O’Connor, Paul Durcan, Peter Sheridan, Kevin Barry, Anne Enright and Patrick McCabe to name but a few.
- Dates for next festival are 4th – 6th March 2016. Come and combine your love of reading with a great weekend away!
August 14th – 21st August Fleadh Cheoil na hÉireann for 2016
- Ennis has warmly welcomed the announcement by the Ardchomhairle of Comhaltas Ceoltóirí Éireann of its decision to name Ennis as the host venue for the Fleadh Cheoil na hÉireann in 2016.
- It is anticipated that Fleadh Cheoil na hÉireann will attract an estimated 300,000 visitors to the Clare County Capital next year. Ennis arguably one of the best known traditional Irish music centres in the world, is so worthy of this event.
- Ennis has not hosted the event since 1977, the awarding of the Fleadh Cheoil na hÉireann to the town is thoroughly deserved, especially considering the town has and continues to host a range of culture and arts festivals that are of national and international renown, including the Fleadh Nua and the annual Ennis Trad Festival. Temple Gate Hotel being in the heart of the town centre is the ideal location for Fleadh Cheoil na hÉireann visitors to Ennis. www.fleadhcheoil.ie